A New Site for My Policies
I have spun off my policies into a whole new site so I can expand it more and give it some room to breathe and grow. Here is my post New Website for The Interstellar New Deal which talks about this transition. Here is the new site:
Further updates will be made there. Eventually, this page will be unpublished and redirected to the new site.
Note: I will keep updating this as I go. I will only list major updates for the current year here in case you stop by again want to know if any major changes were made.
|Jun 13||added section for public educational program and one of genetic and digital genetic databases|
|Jun 5||added section for ethical government oversight|
|May 30||Add several sections for Planning for an Interstellar Humanity|
|May 23||Moved the Economies for the Common good text to the Philosophical Foundations section|
|Apr 5||added the The Four Deadly Industries and reorganized the introduction|
|Mar 2||added section for Universal Declaration of Rights for Mother Earth|
|Jan 4||Updated Taxes section, minimum wage, added link to Google Sheets Spreadsheet|
If you ever wanted to know what sort of political platform I would run on, then it would go something like what follows here in this rather large document. The following policies should be promoted worldwide to work towards a more peaceful world until as such time as Humanity has transcended the need for such things or when significantly better policies, techniques or technologies are available.
These polices tend to be VERY US-centric (because I am an American) and these will reflect the very depressing social, economic, and political realities here, but many will be quite applicable to most all other nations as well in one form or another. However, as a note, the Nordic states and a few others are so far ahead of the US and the rest of the world that is quite embarrassing, although there are some policies here which they could use as well.
My eco-humanistic platform, which is titled “Transforming Humanity: The Interstellar New Deal“, is evolutionary, technocratic, radically progressive, humanistic, sustainable, and is powerfully driven by a vision for a finally peaceful and space-faring Humanity whose eco-humanist ideals will result in the radical transformation of Humanity to evolve beyond poverty, war, and suffering.
Understand the Root Problems
Making things better requires that you understand how the problems were created in the first place (the root problem). If you do not understand the roots cause of the symptoms when you implement a solution then its various symptoms may go into remission, but will inevitably rise again. Once you have really researched the issues and you understand its root cause then you can create a solution that will solve the problem en toto so neither the root cause nor its symptoms will ever rise again.
Global problems tend to stem from 3 primary root causes:
- A denial of our mutual interdependence with each other and the natural world.
- A completely broken or absent value system within corporations, government, and the political process.
- Income Inequality
Therefore, much of the policies you will see present in the ginormous middle phase will be policies that will radically target these 3 root issues.
Real Radical Change is Required
We cannot pursue death by incrementalism which is the current motto of the corporate owned Democratic Party (center right), the party of stagnation. We also cannot pursue the universally regressive and devastating policies of the Republican Party (far right). We need to stop attempting policies and philosophies that we know will not work and which got us in this mess in the first place. You cannot fix a problem with the same thoughts, methods, and ideas that created it.
If we want real change, especially with Earth and Humanity suffering from Climate Change (which we have known about since about 1912) and being on the verge of the Sixth Great Extinction (the anthropocene era), then we must embrace radical and aggressive change. Any proposed reforms that are NOT radical are NOT worth looking at and are a specific attempt to profit from the misery and suffering of our fellow humans while wasting what precious little time we have left on this planet as we circle the drain towards our inevitable extinction.
Maximizing Humanity’s Potential
As a general goal, most of these policies first target solving the plethora of iniquities currently plaguing Humanity and then they work towards maximizing each person’s individual health, happiness, and potential. Specifically, engaging in any policy which inhibits, diminishes, or harms the environment or other humans harms us all for we are all connected. If even one human has has lost health, happiness, or an ability to engage and be productive in the way that would like, is a loss to all of Humanity.
We have the knowledge, the technology, and the resources for all of Humanity to live wonderful and fulfilling lives if we unite as one species and intelligently manage global resources.
A Long Term Vision For Humanity
Here is a powerful quote from Neil deGrasse Tyson from his Keynote Speech for the 28th National Space Symposium (2012):
As goes the health of our spacefaring ambitions so to goes the spiritual, the emotional, the intellectual, the creative, and the economic ambitions of a nation.Neil deGrasse Tyson from his Keynote Speech for the 28th National Space Symposium in 2012
If you have not watched that video, then please watch it now.
Any plan for Humanity that really wishes to bring about true and lasting change must have:
- a very long term and enduring vision of what that change would look like and how that could possibly manifest;
- a deep sorrow for the broken world of today, but yet enough hope and optimism to forge a future with not only a Humanity united together, but also a Humanity that is evolved to be an interstellar species.
Both of these are very necessary for our survival for without these two integral pieces Humanity shall always be at odds with each other stricken with poverty, war, and suffering through the horrors and corruptions of monetary systems and political systems which would mean not only violence, suffering, and war here on Earth, but also in space as we reach out to explore and colonize the galaxy too.
As its is below (on Earth), so shall it be above (in space).
We MUST have a powerful vision of a Humanity that is freely roaming and exploring the entirety of the wonders that our universe and all of its billions and billions of galaxies has to offer. Without this all encompassing and universe spanning vision that powerfully taps into our sense of awe, our desire to explore, and our intense desire to solve problems then things will falter and our lack of vision would limit us to a myopic sense of what is truly possible, therefore we must choose to dream big.
A happier and cleaner Earth may seem like a good ending vision, but that goal, in any real sense, is merely the beginning, and such a myopic and terra-centric vision should only be seen as a first step – the staging ground for Humanity to truly leave its infancy as a warring and polluting sapient species to begin its dangerous and tenuous journey into its next phase of existence as peaceful and interstellar species.
We MUST also have a powerful vision for a Humanity that is united and peaceful, for without that there is but competition, poverty, war, and universal suffering which is what we are tormenting each other with now. The world of today is NO future for Humanity to aspire to or any sort of future that we should accept. We CAN do better than that. We MUST do better than that because our very existence as a species depends upon it.
Even at this precarious time in our existence with climate change threatening our extinction, Humanity has the knowledge, the technology, and the resources to fix all of our problems, and we could easily do so within a decade with a united Humanity. When we work together all things all possible and that is why we need to have the vision that embraces this as a core ideal – A United Humanity.
The Four Books You NEED to Read
Regardless of your political stance you will want to read the following 4 books which will greatly increase your knowledge of the root issues we face as a species. The wisdom and revelations from these 4 books will form the backbone of my political ideals and my policies here. If you read these books, then please read them in the order I give below, because the revelations in the first book will help to understand the ideals and concepts in the later books.
The Spirit Level: Why Greater Equality Makes Societies Stronger
This mind-blowing book shows how, if given a country’s or state’s level of income inequality, that it can be used as an accurate predictor of many things from:
- teenage pregnancy
- rates of incarceration
- depression and suicides
- average lifespans
- social trust
- and so much, much more.
There is a very strong correlation that cannot be dismissed, and it is scarily consistent. Perhaps, more importantly to our absolutely broken country, is that income inequality affects everyone including the rich. Everyone suffers from income inequality.
- Read: The Spirit Level: Why Greater Equality Makes Societies Stronger
- The Spirit Level: Why Greater Equality Makes Societies Stronger (Picket and Wilkinson, 2009)
The Inner Level: How More Equal Societies Reduce Stress, Restore Sanity and Improve Everyone’s Well-Being
This transformative book was written as powerful follow up to their previous book – The Spirit Level (above). It not only shifts the discussion on the harms of income inequality from correlative (as established by that previous work) to causal even by using a slightly more conservative epidemiological definition, which means: income inequality causes those problems.
Their work also discusses the underlying biopsychosocial reasons why income inequality has such a powerful effect on Humans globally so that we can understand why income inequality causes those problems.
- Read: The Inner Level: How More Equal Societies Reduce Stress, Restore Sanity and Improve Everyone’s Well-Being
- The Inner Level: How More Equal Societies Reduce Stress, Restore Sanity and Improve Everyone’s Well-Being (Picket and Wilkinson, 2019)
The New Human Rights Movement: Reinventing the Economy to End Oppression
This amazing book powerfully shows the harms and the structural necessity of inequality, poverty, corruption, crime, and war which is required by monetary systems. It also gives a powerful answer which can enable a Humanity that lives sustainably and peacefully, all the while maximizing Humanity’s potential.
Hell, this book is worth it just for the appendix on sustainable energy. Seriously, if you love sustainable energy then just buy this book for that appendix and start your journey there.
The Best that Money Can’t Buy
This stunning book visually illustrates the vision of a future that is possible once we have radically annihilated inequality – a world beyond, war, politics, poverty, and suffering – one where radical peace, equality, and sustainability saturate all aspects of Humanity’s existence and human potential and progress is truly unlocked and allowed to truly flourish for the first time in human history.
The Videos and Channels You Need to Watch
Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Keynote Speech for the 28th National Space Symposium (2012)
I have just found this amazing video of an understandably irate Neil deGrasse Tyson (NdT) speaking the truth from 2012! The power of the innovation and inspiration gained from the NASA and our space program and its accomplishments is worth far more than the paltry half-a-cent for each tax dollar that is spent on it. Our space program probably has a long term return on investment greater than almost anything else that the government spends money on.
Here is my post on this video: Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Keynote Speech for the 28th National Space Symposium (2012) which also has a transcript with some links and pictures of things he is talking about.
A Message From the Future
Here is a video titled A Message From the Future with Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez which quite well encapsulates my basic Global Domestic Policy vision:
Carl Sagan’s Keynote Speech at Emerging Issues Forum in Cornell University in Feb of 1990
Here is a powerful video from the amazingly prophetic Carl Sagan from his Keynote Speech at the Emerging Issues Forum in Cornell University in Feb of 1990 where he talks about climate change and, unfortunately, his words are still very, very relevant today.
Science and Futurism with Isaac Arthur
As a part of my research for my post The Kardashev Scale of Civilizations, I have be gifted with discovering an awesomely educational YouTube channel titled Science and Futurism with Isaac Arthur (SFIA) where he discusses so very many different technical topics dealing primarily with the science and related technologies of space travel, research, colonization, and exploration.
In my above mentioned Kardashev Scale post I reference quite a few of his videos to help people understand not only the Kardashev Scale itself, but also to introduce you to other interesting related space topics which can help you understand Humanity’s potential future in space. So, without any further ado here is this amazing channel:
Here is the channel’s intro video to get you started and to excite your thoughts about Humanity’s true interstellar potential:
The Four Deadly Industries
Much of what you will see in this document will also be working towards combating the horrors created over the years by broken corporate laws and the effective lobbying by the Four Deadly Industries which are:
- Military Industrial Complex
- Fossil Fuel
Many of the reforms here will target these industries and try to stop the harms that they cause and to attempt to prevent them and all other elite and corporate interests from doing it again.
Suggested Order of Work
This document is organized in the order that I think that we should work through these policies. I will explain my thoughts and reasoning for this order in this section. I have have also recently (1 Jun 2019) added text in a significant ideological expansion and unification of my policy page with inspiration from Neil deGrasse Tyson which was something that I was sorely missing. Thanks Neil!
Effectively, my policies can be categorized into 3 essential phases which do not necessarily happen one after the other, but may happen in concert at many times, and, at other times, some parts of some phases have to happen before others.
Here are the three essential phases, the bulk of which happens in the second phase (and is the substance of most of this document):
- Planning for an Interstellar Humanity (1 section of this document)
- Global Domestic Policies (10 sections of this document)
- Evolving Humanity Beyond War, Poverty, and Suffering (1 section of this document)
I. Planning for an Interstellar Humanity
This section follows up on the work and research from me finding out about the amazing YouTube channel Science and Futurism with Isaac Arthur which I discovered while researching my post on the Kardashev Scale. Following publishing my Kardashev post I updated my policy page here with a mention of Humanity potentially surviving long enough to evolve to a K2 civilization (see my Kardashev post above for more information on what that means). Even with that having been added I still knew I was missing something, but I had no idea what it was, until…
The needed revelation was prompted by my recent (29 May 2019) posting of the video of Neil deGrasse Tyson’s Keynote Speech for the 28th National Space Symposium (2012) to my blog. In that amazing video I realized that I needed to add a brand new section to my policy page, a section that would set a scope and vision that I did not know I was desperately missing. A goal oriented driver that could possibly unite a nation or Humanity in order to achieve it. One that could inspire us to work together to accomplish what has been thought of as unthinkable, or only found in the realm of science fiction, something that was only possible for future generations to accomplish and not by ours. This is a scope and a culture that we have lost since the 1970’s, something that we had before and lost, but we can definitely can have again.
We need to set aggressive short and long term goals for galactic exploration and research to give us a powerful reason to do all of the other stuff that I talk about in this massive policy page. Setting such goals for these sorts of lofty pursuits will drive the economy, drive innovation, and excite and unite the people around a seemingly impossible goal as well as inspire children into STEM fields, environmental conservation, and connecting them to the rest of Humanity. Perhaps even more importantly, it will create visceral and powerful cultural and policy changes which will help to make these goals a reality.
Without these goals for galactic exploration hanging out there as a core driver and vision of where we should be aiming for, goading us to push harder and father and to innovate more, then the rest of the policies might falter and never come to fruition.
Working towards accomplishing the policies in this page for the sake of accomplishing them in order to fix some very broken things is great and all, but they are so much more sweeter and necessary – an imperative really – when they are needed to help us in our potential plans to colonize Mars or to send a generational ship (or fleet) to Alpha Centauri. Shouldn’t we dream big? We CAN do it, can’t we? We can! And, we should be aiming for the stars, right?
II. Global Domestic Policies
1. Philosophical Foundations
That is, there will be very little significant change. It’s going to take the redesign of our culture and values.Jacque Fresco (The Venus Project)
Once we have a major long term interstellar goal set, then we need to work on correcting Humanity’s severely broken value system. If we had an ethical and moral value system of any sort besides the horrors of competition or profit-at-any-cost via monetary systems then many of the problems we have now would never have happened. Plus, if we did not make a values change then no matter what reforms we pass they will always be undone, as we are currently (2019) seeing with over 50 years of progress being undone by the current administration in the United States.
With the ubiquity of powerful eco-humanistic values throughout all aspects of our lives (social, economic, corporate, political, religious) all of the other reforms would follow as a natural result, although such things would take a generation or two, which is time we do not have; however, instituting a value change is the first step towards lasting change and the potential to save Humanity and to have us to survive and flourish long enough to eventually become a powerful K2 Interstellar Civilization and more (see my post on The Kardashev Scale).
2. Electoral Reform
Once we have started correcting our value systems, then the next step is to create a government which actually represents our new value system and the people, and is actually democratic in form. If the government does not represent our values, the people, and the natural world then, again, no matter what value changes or reforms we make, they will be undone by corporate and elite interests because they own the government and the governmental processes whose only value is profit no matter the cost in human lives or to the natural world.
If we do not have a government that is as diverse and representative of the breadth of our people then it cannot in any proper form represent us. How can a government represent or protect minorities if minorities do not have a real voice or representation? If our governmental processes do not truly facilitate governmental action that is truly ethical, democratic, and representative then we do not truly have a voice and, therefore, it shall be a plague upon the Earth and upon Humanity.
When we have a value system in place that supports Humanity, the environment, and peace and then also have a truly representative and democratic government then, eventually, the rest of the reforms listed on this page would follow as a logical result because the values and political systems are in place to promote and support it.
3. US Machine for War and Terrorism
We can start to heal the horrific moral, psychological, and emotional wounds and trauma our country bears and has inflicted upon the rest of the world by:
- stop sponsoring war and terrorism
- not supporting terrorist regimes for profit
- not being a global terrorist organization ourselves
Also, the great thing about this process is that it does not cost us anything to accomplish this, because through this process we will reclaim the money that currently supports the US’ Global Terrorism Projects and redirect it to support the people, peace, the environment, stopping climate change, and NASA. This alone will help to afford much of everything else on this page because of the massive return on investment from such powerful projects.
4. Environmental and Sustainability Policies
From the we money gain from ending the US’ Global Terrorism Programs we can redirect it into massive infrastructure spending to support a complete shift to sustainable: energy, transport, farming, etc… as well as working towards directly and aggressively combating climate change. Working quickly to combat climate change is an imperative, for if we do not, then Humanity will eventually be destroyed by it and our willful corruption and ignorance.
A cleaner environment such as air, water, food, and more green spaces will have far reaching positive returns in the health, happiness, and productivity of each and every person. We shall make the money spent in this massive investment area back within 10 years just by virtue of the massive reduction stress and healthcare costs alone.
If you have not watched the Carl Sagan video from above yet then please do that now: Carl Sagan from his Keynote Speech at the Emerging Issues Forum in Cornell University in Feb of 1990
5. Other Global Domestic Policies
Honestly, all of the other policies will follow as a result of the above changes, but these are important to address directly and aggressively:
- Law Enforcement and guns
- Political Reform
III. Evolving Beyond War, Poverty, and Suffering
If, somehow, we have managed to implement most all of my Global Domestic Policies while shooting for the stars, then the next natural evolutionary step will be the transition to a post-scarcity society or what is called a Resource Based Economy (RBE). Our work towards ridding ourselves of global inequality, war, poverty, and suffering will only be truly possible once we have evolved beyond the horrors of monetary systems and into a Resource Based Economy, for there are no other roads which will lead to a radical and wonderful level of equality and peace within Humanity.
Many of the policies stated in this document have been added in order to prepare Humanity for this eventual and amazing step. We do not know what it takes to get there yet, because there have not been any post-scarcity societies in existence yet, but we must aim for this because Humanity’s very existence will depend upon us making this transition. We can accomplish this amazing feat. We have the knowledge. We have the technology. We have the resources. We just need to find the will to make it happen. Working towards becoming an interstellar species will require this evolutionary step in order to truly to be able to make it that far, otherwise war, poverty, competition, or climate change will surely destroy us first.
I – Planning for an Interstellar Humanity
See my background section for more information on the need for this major section.
If you have not already watched the below video from above then please do this now so you have the background to understand and appreciate this section:
Why We Need a Seemingly Impossible Long Term Interstellar Goal?
Why is setting a specific and seemingly impossible long term goal in order to drive a space-faring Humanity necessary for us to set? Because, in order for Humanity to achieve this ambitious goal we will need to make drastic and radical changes of all sorts to get there. Here are some examples of the changes we will need to make in order to achieve such radical and long term interstellar goals:
In order to be able to:
- fund these “lofty” space-faring goals we will need to have a powerful, efficient, and sustainable economic system
- build the required massive orbital rings, space elevators, spaceships, colonies, and other technological marvels we need to be able to develop and utilize the automation, AI, and 3D printing technologies to harvest resources from our planets and stars, and to build these megastructures
- peacefully travel, work, and colonize interstellar locations we need a society that has sustainable energy, sustainable agriculture, sustainable recycling
- work together and to ensure there is peace among the stars and within space stations and colonies where there is limited space to roam in a space station or space ship, and so we do not waste our limited resources on war and violence, we will need to have a new society and values which are peaceful and cooperative
- even attempt to successfully terraform or manage a newly forming planar biome we need to be able to successfully sustainably manage our own climate and ecology
- manage galactic travel and colonization we need powerful and efficient recycling technology that can recycle everything we use, for resources will be scarce. We will only have access to that which we bring with us or can harvest through our travels
If we cannot achieve any of these on Earth then we sure as hell will not be able to do any of it in space either. To believe otherwise is naive and spells doom for ALL of Humanity.
As its is below (on Earth), so shall it be above (in space). Therefore, fixing our own planet and societies is the first step towards such radical and visionary plans!
What Should Our Interstellar Goal Be?
How should we determine what Humanity’s first long term goal should be? The very first long term goal should be extra-solar in nature, the farthest and most difficult goal that Humanity could possibly attempt to accomplish. Because, in order to accomplish this seemingly impossible goal, we will need to achieve many other intermediary goals and discoveries in order to get to this farthest one. If our goal is not extremely difficult and does not require an extreme levels of technological advancements, innovation, and scientific discoveries, and social change, then it will NOT inspire or challenge us to attempt to accomplish the impossible. Also, and perhaps more importantly, the social and cultural changes that will evolve in order to help make reaching this difficult goal a possibility will radically and positively change the face of Humanity.
What should our first long term interstellar goal be? I would suggest the following interstellar goal to really challenge us and to push us to the limits of our collective innovation:
- explore and colonize the farthest galaxy in the known universe
Even if we do eventually accomplish this goal there will always be something else to more difficult and challenging accomplish to drive us forward onto greater understanding and exploration of the universe. We must always keep moving the goalposts to keep Humanity inspired, challenged, innovating, and peaceful.
Sample Intermediary Goals
The below goals are just a wide sample of of the sorts of intermediary steps we may have to first work towards in order to get to even have a chance to achieve the long term goal so you can see the sort of technological challenges and discoveries that are going to be needed to address to make progress towards that eventual long term goal:
- Continue work on developing fusion which is perhaps the greatest chance we have for a universal clean energy source which would radically change the face of Humanity on Earth and in space.
- Launch a swarm of microsatellites over the poles to provide shade (block infrared) for the poles to cool it down and to reduce the effects of global warming and to help restore environmental equilibrium. They could collect also store solar power, as well as contain as sensors to send data to the surface and micro-cameras (large telescope), or even act as a charging station for satellites, etc.
- Build an orbital ring to help all get access to space by radically reducing the cost to access space. We can do this now because we have the technology needed to make this happen.
- Build a space elevator from orbital ring which will be required for future space travel and mining.
- Build a rotating habitat space station (Von Braun and/or O’Neill Cylinder) to facilitate research, further travel, building, and colonization. Perhaps the Von Braun station will come first as a preparatory step prior to building an O’Neill Cylinder:
- Create a mining station on the moon and then build solar panels on the moon so we can beam power to Earth, to other space stations, to spaceships, and/or to be used in a stellar laser propulsion system.
- Build a colony on the moon to mine it and to create a way-station and resupply station for other trips to our solar system, as well as to provide raw materials for other space-based manufacturing.
- build a rotating habitat/space station (Von Braun and/or O’Neill Cylinder) to facilitate research and further lunar exploration
- Setup an orbital station with a space elevator on the moon to:
- facilitate ore processing from asteroids
- manufacture things in space
- make it easier to transfer people and things to and from the moon’s surface
- mine asteroids and other planets instead of tearing up and polluting our own planet.
- Design a system of modular and configurable stellar and interstellar transportation that can be shared for governmental and commercial access to space
- Create the automated systems needed to tear apart the planet Mercury in order to start the creation of a Dyson Swarm around the sun to start our progress towards a K2 Civilization. A Dyson Swarm with solar concentrators could also be used with laser sails to propel craft to relativistic speeds.
- colonize and terraform mars
- mine asteroid belts
- creating resource stations throughout our solar system to facilitate travel, resource harvesting and refueling, data exchange and communication, and refueling
- Send a probe to nearest solar system (might need the Dyson Swarm for that)
- Send one probe to a black hole to collect data and one to enter one to collect data
- Tear apart a planet in order to create a generational ship or fleet to explore and colonize the nearest star system
- Tear apart a planet in order to create a generational ship or fleet to explore and colonize the farthest galaxy
Greatly Increase Funding for NASA
In order to fund our ambitious long term interstellar mission we will need the funding for NASA to at least increase from half-a-penny per tax dollar to at least 3 full pennies per tax dollar which will greatly drive the economy and innovation, STEM in schools, as well as provide powerful positive shifts in our culture towards environmentalism and humanism.
- Here’s what NASA could accomplish if it had the US military’s $600 billion budget (Business Insider)
How will we get the funding to make this happen? Just keep in mind that this question is never asked when we talk about another military action or war! However, check the following 2 sections of this document for that answer:
How Might the Interstellar Mission Schedule Look?
The following table was something I just put together, so take this with a grain of salt. I will check with the Science and Futurism with Isaac Arthur for more appropriate timelines. I may be off by 10 years, 30 years, or all the years, but the time span is not the primary issue here. The fact that we are reaching and pushing toward this massive long term goal is what matters. Each step we complete will result in technological advancements that will make all of our lives better as well as create global awe and inspiration.
You should also notice a sort of a pattern that I will use here (4 stages) which should make this work easier to replicate as we replicate our work process from stellar location to stellar location such as: from Earth to the Moon to Mercury to Alpha Centauri, etc….
As we finish Stage 0 on Earth and move on to Stage 1, the technological advancements from our previous work on the Earth shall make our successive steps on Earth and on other stellar locations such as the Moon faster, more powerful, more efficient, and so on as we progress through the planets with each successive stage compounding the advantages of the previous stages.
Here are the basic stages I have used:
- Stage 0: establish autonomous mining and building to build basic structures and solar arrays
- Stage 1: start building an orbital station with its space elevator, and a form of a space station (Von Braun and/or O’Neill Cylinder)
- Stage 2: send colonists and more equipment
- Stage 3: finish main part of orbital ring and space station, send more people and research, expand to primary function
- Stage 4: expand and continue work
Again, I just pulled these from my head and it is just a sample based on no real reality yet:
Earth (Stage 0)
Design and plan for what needs to be done to create a generational ship or fleet to send to the farthest galaxy we know of
Earth (Stage 1)
* start building an orbital ring with its attendant space elevator
continue fusion research and fund it more. This is one of the most important technologies to unlock!
Moon (Stage 0)
Send autonomous bots to moon to start building/3D printing:
* mining facility to mine resources for further manufacturing
Earth (Stage 2)
* Finish building space elevator
We could start sending people up for work or they could be used as a staging ground for further work and exploration.
Moon (Stage 1)
* send colonists with more equipment and bots to start more work
Mercury (Stage 0)
Send autonomous bots to Mercury to start building/3D printing:
* mining facility to mine resources for further manufacturing
Earth (Stage 3)
* finish main part of the orbital ring
We can start housing much a larger space-faring workforce now as well as research
Moon (Stage 2)
* Finish building space elevator
We could start sending people up for work or they could be used as a staging ground for further work and exploration.
Mercury (Stage 1)
* send colonists with more equipment and bots to start more work
Earth (Stage 4)
* Figure out how to make fusion work
Moon (Stage 3)
* finish main part of the orbital ring
We can start housing much a larger space-faring work force now as well as research
Mercury (Stage 2)
* finish building space elevator
We could start sending people up for work or they could be used as a staging ground for further work and exploration.
* have a decent sized Dyson Swarm to collect energy to create our first Kugelblitz to power the first generational ship
Moon (Stage 4)
* finish making first generational ship or fleet
Mercury (Stage 3)
* finish main part of the orbital ring
Mercury (Stage 4)
* continue to build Dyson Swarm around sun
|27-29||everything continues to build and expand|
|30||* finish making first generational ship or fleet to send to the farthest solar system
* send the first generational ship or fleet to the farthest solar system
II. Global Domestic Policies
Philosophical Foundations for Change
The 7 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity
Cultural, Political, Social Reform
Here are the 7 Philosophical Pillars which should also be adopted by all peoples of all countries of the world in order to promote peace and environmental protection globally:
- Justice and Compassion
- Science and Technology
<insert post to read here: The 7 Philosophical Pillars for Peace in Humanity (7P3H)>
I have also published a second post talking about Interdependence and the 7 Pillars a little bit more too:
<insert post to read here: Interdependence and The 7 Philosophical Pillars for Peace in Humanity (7P3H)>
Public Education Plan
A public education and information plan should be created to promote these philosophical pillars using media such as:
- classes in our schools
- an interdisciplinary degree path specializing in an individual Pillar
- public classes available
- games and events that promote, educate, and strengthen these connections
- Youtube videos
- social media program
- advertising PSA’s
- Major Media
- public service educational announcements (PSAs)
- short TV shows or informational segments
- short radio shows or informational segments
- newspaper advertisements or articles
- flyers and other pamphlets
- There needs to be a global holiday each year, one for each of the pillars where edutainment and various other events are scheduled to reinforce these pillars and our interdependence and interconnectedness.
Understanding and promoting these values can help bring about significant change to the world by making the world smaller and bringing us closer together not only with each other in our communities, but also with those other our brothers and sisters around the world.
Corporate and Political Party Reform
As part of this reform social values reform we definitely need extensive corporate and political party reform by requiring eco-humanistic ethical values and taxation. See my post:
<insert post to read here: How Do We Transform Unbridled Capitalism Towards a New Ethical and Eco-humanistic Model?>
Declaration of Universal Rights of Humanity
The Declaration of Universal Human Rights (DUHR) attempts to embody and enumerate the rights and limitations as have been alluded to in The 7 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity, and wishes to act as a powerful guide for peace and the global governance of Humanity.
The DUHR was written based heavily on the amazing Universal Declaration of Human Rights as set forth by the United Nations (should have been created as a binding document) which embodies the freedoms and dignities owed to all Humanity no matter where they are in the universe. Text and ideals were also pulled from:
- Theodore Roosevelt’s Economic Bill of Rights
- The United State’s various Constitutional Amendments
- As well as other text added to address other other cultural, political, and societal failings since those documents were drafted.
The DUHR will need to be completely overhauled when The 7 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity (7P3H) are more completely fleshed out and then they will form the philosophical and fundamental basis for the articles in the DUHR, which should then be used as the basis for global governance and the peaceful coexistence of ALL of Humanity.
<insert post to read here: Declaration of the Universal Rights of Humanity (DURH)>
Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth
In order help combat climate change and to create a sustainable future for Humanity, we need to ratify the Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth (UDRME) to create the legal framework to acknowledge and protect the Rights of Nature and the natural world. We need to establish a legal requirement to protect and honor nature, and to allow we the people to sue on its behalf. There must be repercussions for those who destroy the interdependent web of life that supports ALL life on planet Earth.
<insert post to read here: Universal Declaration of Rights of Mother Earth>
Without an ethical and legal structure in place to protect the Rights of Nature businesses and nations are able to violate and destroy these vital ecosystems and we will not have any legal recourse to prevent this.
The Hague needs to also expand to include not only trials for Crimes Against Humanity, but also Crimes Against Nature (which by extension are crimes against Humanity by virtue of our interdependence).
Places such as the Amazon Rain Forest and the Great Barrier Reef need our reverence and our protection for without them, our Great Mother Earth will fail to be able to sustain human civilization as the 6th Great Extinction races to purge the planet of the cancer that is Humanity.
Economies for the Common Good
A primary valuation for national economic and business policy shall be the Common Good Balance Sheet (CGBS), when properly based upon the 7P3H, DUHR, and the UDRME, shall influence taxes, fees, and other economic and business decisions; for economics devoid of conscience manifests horrors into the world as we have seen throughout ALL of humanity’s history from slavery, genocide, poverty, and war, and so much more. Also, see my post on Ethical Business Reform and Economies for the Common Good.
<insert post to read here: Common Good Balance Sheet (CGBS)>
<insert post to read here: How Do We Transform Unbridled Capitalism Towards a New Ethical and Eco-humanistic Model?>
All tax credits and bonuses shall be based on a few things that actually matter:
- reducing inequality
- increasing quality of life for all people
- increasing quality of climate, environment, ecologies, etc…
- rewarding service to humanity (curing cancer, fusion, etc)
Enacting comprehensive electoral reform will fix many, many problems including corporate ownership of our government which has resulted in the US no longer being a country having transformed into the largest supranational corporate conglomerate with its own private military (the largest and most powerful in the world) and whose primary global export is for profit terrorism.
Here is my post giving some background on how we got here: Systemic Suppression within America’s Two Party System which includes an explanation of the system responsible for the creation of our horribly broken Two-Party System. Many of these reforms can be enacted on a local level too.
Read my ginormous post on all of the Electoral Reforms which are required in order for the US to have something even borderline resembling a democracy.
<insert post to read here: Electoral Reform>
US Machine for War and Terrorism
The United States is not really a country anymore. It is the largest supranational corporate conglomerate with its own private military which is, by far, the largest in the world, and, by virtue, America’s largest export is terrorism. =(James E. O’Neill IV
- Especially as implemented through the International Monetary Fund (IMF), Austerity Measures are economic warfare and should be abhorred and prevented for it usurps national sovereignty and it strips natural resources from its people and casts them into poverty, while allowing US companies to profit from such processes which is highly unethical and abhorrent.
- Austerity based loans need to be terminated.
- All foreign companies that have gained from such processes must return such resources and industries back to the ownership of their respective countries.
US War Spending
Because most defense spending since WWII has not been about freedom or defense, but has been about corporate profits driven by the the Four Deadly Industries (banking, defense industry, fossil fuel, and pharmaceutical industries) we need to:
- Cut the defense budget in half to start.
- Close all of our global military bases except for maybe one per geopolitical area.
- The Pentagon will have to answer for its lost trillions and people will go to jail.
Defense and Weapons Contractors
I love the war in Yemen.
It is great for profits!
- Non-Profit: They should be true non-profit organizations, for to profit from war and violence is to need war, violence, and conflict, which guarantees that war and the destruction of human lives shall never end due to the need to drive perpetual corporate profits and therefore perpetual war.
- Extra Taxation: They should also be subject to a significant taxation because selling death and war should not be an industry to profit from easily.
- End Contracts: All contracts for weapons to all foreign entities shall be nullified unless they meet ethical and philosophical requirements from the Economies for the Common Good (to which we will also have to meet).
- End Private Military Organizations: Private Paramilitary and Black Ops Organizations (PPBOO) shall be completely disbanded, and their arms and armor reclaimed. To Profit from war means a need for endless war and conflict.
Stop Supporting and Creating Terrorists and Terrorist States
Since this method has ended up in only more death, pollution, and poverty the CIA and other US governmental agencies, should stop creating (funding, training, and arming) terrorist organizations such as:
- Al Queda
Stop Terrorizing and Overthrowing Governments
Pull out of the Middle East and completely stop the flow of money and resources from the US to that area, especially to buy oil, unless it is to assist in rebuilding without using US contractors, only using local contractors, or this becomes a money grab like it already is – Haliburton.
We need to stop assassinating leaders and sponsoring the overthrow of governments for corporate profit, especially when they decide to shift away from the US Dollar, so we can usurp national resources, or for any other broken reason. This has never worked out and only ends up with the people suffering and creating refugees.
Our victims include these and many, many, many others:
Stop Supporting Terrorism and Terrorist States
We need to completely stop supporting terrorist states and those with massive human rights violations such as:
- Arabic states
We need to not only stop supporting these states, but we also need to Boycott, Divest, and Sanction (BDS) them too.
Israel and Palestine
I am not sure what the full answer is here because this is an amazingly complex issue, but we can start with:
- a two state solution
- with Israel:
- giving back ALL the land that it has illegally taken
- charging Israeli officials with War Crimes at the Hague
- paying reparations for the war crimes it has committed
- Nuclear war needs to be outlawed internationally as a Crime Against Humanity and a Crime Against Nature.
- Complete and total global nuclear disarmament including nuclear reactors – no exceptions.
- Completely recycle nuclear arms
- Turn missile silos into sustainable bunkers to help the peoples of the world to prepare for the 6th Great Extinction and the horrors of climate change and the brutal self-inflicted disasters to come.
- Nuclear weapons are for cowards.
Environmental and Sustainability Policies
“I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.”
If we pollute the air, water and soil that keep us alive and well, and destroy the biodiversity that allows natural systems to function, no amount of money will save us.David Suzuki, Zoologist, author, and environmental activist
Declare Global Nature Preserves
We need to declare such places as the Great Barrier Reef and the Amazon Rainforest as global preserves protected from all pollution, farming, fishing, and development of any sort for they act as a breath of life for our planet. They should also be removed from national ownership and made a common heritage to ALL of Humanity and be protected, conserved, healed, and expanded by an international administration.
The US military is one of the largest polluters and consumers of energy in the world. Therefore, it shall have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to correct that, including a complete shift to sustainable energy.
- Climate Change will be classified as a National Security Issue and and a Global Security Issue.
- The US government will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to combat climate change in the US and worldwide, which should also include:
- the utilization of the various National Guards as well as the other arms of the military as a potential workforce to get things done
- massive use of technology such the use of drones in planting trees and other work
- investing in and building technology which directly removes carbon dioxide from the air
We need to do serious research in how we can prepare ourselves for climate change and for such disasters as:
- Yellowstone volcano erupting
- mass forest fires in California
- rising sea levels and general flooding
… instead of being caught with our pants down like has happened in Puerto Rico, Atlanta, and the various other places that have been struck by environmental tragedy where the US government has completely and totally failed leaving our people to suffer and die.
- A nation-wide analysis and report about which areas will be affected and how from those sorts of disasters.
- Come up with a system to prevent, mitigate, or work with such disasters and its damage or effects, such as forming areas to accommodate for rising water levels such as some of the Nordic countries are doing.
- Reform communities and housing to be able to withstand such issues or, preferably, create whole new sustainable communities further inland (or away from such disaster areas) so that these potentially affected populations can move to that are either out of the way of these issues or can compensate for them without an issue.
We need to do the work now instead of after it is too late which will cause much property damage, suffering, and the loss of innocent lives. To not do so is completely irresponsible, unethical, and fails the people, our country, and Humanity.
Genetic Collections and Databases
We need to create a large scale collection of organic and digital genetic samples of all species on the planet from bacteria, viruses, bugs, plants, animals, and humans so as to help ensure that Humanity and the life forms found on our planet of origin may be able to be recreated if needed at some time in the future after we have effectively destroyed ourselves through environmental ecocide, or to grow such creatures in galaxies and planets far away when we eventually colonize them.
If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled, or composted, then it should be restricted, designed or removed from production.Pete Seeger, Folk Singer & Social Activist
All manufacturing, building, production, agrarian, organizational, business, governmental, personal, etc… projects and processes should:
- study and minimize negative environmental and ecological impact
- study and minimize negative impact on humans
- utilize AI, automation, and 3D printing as much as practicable
- follow full life-cycle sustainable processes by:
- using sustainable energy, technologies, and techniques,
- full recycling of all byproducts and the product itself by:
- providing a service to do
- using a service which can do so
- provide an outline for full technical process to recycle a product which can and will be created and utilized
- create a plan for full remediation of all of the affected environments and ecologies
Environmental Certification and Rating Organizations:
Create national organization(s) to aid with the above processes which shall also create and manage evaluations and certifications for various levels sustainability and efficiency compliance:
- Creation of:
- infrastructure and facilities
- Recycling of:
- recycling of process byproducts
- recycling of products
- recycling of infrastructure and facilities
- Protection, Remediation, and Mitigation of Harm to:
- environment and ecologies
We need to look at our natural environment and then start to fix it as much as possible to compensate for and prevent pollution and the unnecessary destruction of the environment that Humanity has a penchant for doing. Environmental remediation and protection is a survival imperative.
- To ensure we have the best techniques for this process we will want to refer to indigenous wisdom to expand our pool of environmental knowledge, techniques and methods.
- Deserts and other barren areas can be completely rehabilitated to be budding forests in about 10 years. There are several groups working on that.
- End deforestation
- Plant a billion new trees in every country (with drones)
- Clean up the oceans even to the deepest and darkest depths:
- global work towards cleaning all trash and pollutants from oceans
- global ban on dumping waste into the ocean and any water sources
- recycling all plastics
- filtering out microbeads, microfibers, and glitter; stop using consumer balloons
- filter out chemicals (medical waste, biowaste, etc)
- use bioremdiative and other methods for cleaning the oceans such oysters farming and regenerating coral reefs
- Dig up old landfills and other waste areas and completely recycle and remediate them.
Nation-Wide Business Pollution Evaluation
All companies and their processes must be evaluated as far as how much pollution they have done and are doing:
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to completely remediate all environmental damage caused directly or indirectly (over the entirety of their operation and of their subsidiaries).
- Change their processes to completely prevent this in the future.
- Face an increasing amount of taxes every year until as such time as they have complied or be taken over by the government and CEOs/managers will be jailed.
Fossil Fuel Industry
We will make the money back from the below process in 10 years due to health care savings alone by reducing pollution, increasing efficiency, and saving the environment.
- They will be held accountable for knowing about and suppressing climate change data and knowledge for decades, destroying the environment for profit, suppressing technologies that could put them out of business, and their owners and managers should be tried for Crimes Against Nature.
- An immediate and complete stop to all Fracking processes. The proprietary patents shall be nullified and released to the public so we can find a way to cleanup this absolute idiocy. Their business; managers, anyone who profited from this, as well as the government officials who passed this or agreed to do this shall be tried and jailed for crimes against Nature and Humanity.
- Current applications to build pipelines, rigs, etc… will be terminated. Any incomplete projects will have their permits terminated and those projects are to be completely recycled and their environments remediated.
- Any project that is not currently completely built and operational should terminate building and shall have their permit/license terminated and those projects are to be completely recycled .
- Corporate subsidies and tax breaks shall be terminated
- They will receive a 20% increase in corporate and management taxes
- Their financial actions will have to be approved by a governmental agency in order to prevent bypassing them or to avoid sabotaging the company so they do not have to deal with it.
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to:
- shift to alternative energy which shall include a job retraining plan to work in the sustainable and other related industries;
- completely remediate all environmental damage caused directly or indirectly (over the entirety of their operation and of all of their subsidiaries… in preparation to be classified as a public utility or else all managers and key decision makers shall face lengthy prison sentences, no compensation including Golden Parachutes, as well as fines for failing not only their company, but Humanity en toto.
- Current applications to build reactor plants will be terminated (Thorium reactors might be the only current exception)
- Any plant that is not currently built and operational should terminate building and shall have their permit/license terminated, and these facilities shall be fully recycled and the local environment remediated.
- Current operational reactor plants will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to:
- shift to alternative energy
- recycle premises
- completely remediate all environmental damage caused directly or indirectly (over the entirety of their operation and of their subsidiaries) even taking into account their radioactive waste
- this one we might be able to wait on since they are already operational, although a plan must be created to handle its end of life transition as talked about above and then a powerful emergency plan will need to be made in order to handle and contain any containment disasters ??… in preparation to be classified as a public utility.
Shift to a Completely Sustainable Energy Economy
Sustainable Energy Types
See the appendix on Sustainable Energy in the book The New Human Rights Movement for much, much more information. This book is worth it just for this appendix which is very, very, very thorough.
We need to work towards a completely sustainable energy economy. Other Countries have done this or are working towards this and so can we.
- Solar: panels, windows, paint, concentrated solar, high altitude solar, orbital solar stations
- Hydro: hydroelectric, gulf streams, tidal
- Wind: vertical axis wind turbines, high altitude wind turbines, kite systems
- Piezoelectric: roads, sidewalks, and buildings
- Capture EMF
Combine Sustainable Energy Types
These should be combined as much as possible in order to maximize energy return on land use. Using land for only one type is a waste of its full potential. As an example:
- a solar farm could be elevated to have vertical axis wind turbines below it, and/or house a hydroponic farm; the wind turbines could be used to cool the solar array
- the heat from the solar array could be drawn off to heat water (which would also cool the array) which could potentially be used for hot water elsewhere or perhaps used in conjunction with a steam turbine
- then also have a high altitude wind turbine and solar farm too
This uses the space below the solar panels and the airspace above the panels to generate energy and/or food too. Hell, let’s do all 4!
- high altitude wind turbines
- solar array
- vertical axis wind turbines
- massive multi-acre hydroponic farm
- high altitude wind turbines
- solar panels
- vertical axis wind turbines
- hydroelectric plant
Just pick any large scale building and design it to have vertical axis wind turbines, solar arrays, and high altitude wind turbines above it.
Comprehensive City Planning
All of our towns and cities are out of date and poorly designed (organically developed without a sustainable, intelligent, and walkable urban plan) and have significant negative logistical, social, and health ramifications and need to be fully recycled and fully transitioned a new efficient and intelligent model of city design. It is easier to build sustainable and smart cities anew than it is to continuously remodel old and outdated designs and technology. Once a new city is built, a population can be relocated there and then the old city can be completely recycled, the local environment remediated, and the area restored to grasslands, forests, etc.
We need to redesign and replace our cities and do so in a manner such as The Venus Project or arcologies or using Earthships which integrates sustainable, smart city design, and integrated mass transportation where each city’s infrastructure will be designed from the ground up with all that it needs to support a specific of population in a healthy and sustainable way. We could start with smaller communities first so that we can mature the process and technology before tackling larger metropolitan communities, although if done well, such designs would scale well.
- Recycle Old and Inefficient Homes: Old houses need to be torn down, recycled, and then either turned into green spaces or reconstructed.
- Build Sustainable and Modern Homes: all new housing production should be required to be more sustainable and include such features as:
- need to be made disaster proof based on area survey and analysis while taking into account climate change eventualities
- sustainable housing designs
- sustainable materials
- weather and pest resistant materials and designs (square buildings are inefficient)
- localized food production
- sustainable energy production and storage
- smart housing technology
- green roofs or walls
- be livable by all demographics including disabled and the elderly
- integrated into a larger sustainable urban plan
- Sustainable and Locally Connected Communities: community houses could be tied together through a community center which could:
- have sustainable energy generation
- store and manage local electricity surplus and can share and sell it to other houses in the neighborhood or to other communities;
- act as the central internet provider
- provide large scale urban community hydroponic/aquaponic/aeroponic farms and organic food sales
- playgrounds and recreation centers
- community center
- community resource sharing and service center
- Increase Use of Technological Advancements
- We need to greatly increase the use of AI, sensors, automation, and 3D printing when it comes to construction. We can use such technological advancements to greatly speed up the building of houses and the recycling of old buildings and materials.
“If it can’t be reduced, reused, repaired, rebuilt, refurbished, refinished, resold, recycled or composted, then it should be restricted, redesigned or removed from production.”Pete Seeger
- Ban on Single Use Plastics and Microplastics: or shift to a non-petroleum based product which biodegrades naturally in 6 weeks or less or, preferably, is safely edible for humans or other life. There are already a quite few products like this on the market.
- Recycle Human Waste: either in a bioremediative or technological way so that it can be returned to the ground and not pollute or contaminate our water and lands.
- Recycle All The Things: Everything needs to be recycled completely. If it cannot be recycled then it should NOT be created.
- Food and other organic waste should be composted and returned to the ground which results in carbon sequestration and fertilizing the earth.
- There is no reason that every single thing cannot be recycled including houses. Entire industries could spring up around this. Automated plans need to be available to recycle everything – a global database. If there is not an effective method to recycle something then it should NOT be made.
Shift to Alternative Energy Cars
All transportation companies:
- They will have 1 year to create a 5 year plan to completely shift all of their cars to sustainable energy which could include
- retrofitting their current fleets.
- creating a buyback or conversion plan to support transition to sustainable energy based cars
- Face an increasing amount of taxes every year until as such time as they have complied.
- Set up public sustainable energy charging stations for electric vehicles.
We will also want to work on designing cities with more free and sustainable public mass transportation (electric buses, hyperloops, etc) , as well as including smaller services like Uber or Lift.
Food Production and Agricultural Policies
- The former owners and managers of Monsanto (now a part of Bayer) need to be tried at the Hague for crimes against Humanity. International Tribunal Finds Monsanto Guilty of Crimes Against Humanity (News Target) The owners and managers imprisoned and all technology, research, patents, IP, and funds returned to the people which will also us to learn how to combat it.
- The owners and managers also need to be fined for releasing a criminally negligent product which causes massive destruction to the environment and infects non-gmo seed crops.
- All of their engineered seeds need to be destroyed.
- The money from tearing apart the company should be returned to all of the small family farms that were devastated by their lawsuits and criminal negligence, and they should be reconstituted collectively in one way or another, if possible, through the evolved means mentioned below in the Evolution of Farming section.
The US shall greatly invest in Hemp production and research for:
- construction: hempcrete, hemp based lime, hemp oil, etc
- products: paper, rope, clothes, fabric, plastics
- medicine: hemp oil, CBD oil, etc
- food: seeds, oil, etc
This will also allow us to greatly reduce deforestation and remediate the soil.
Evolution of Farming
- Sustainable and Efficient Farming Techniques
- Create a mandate as well as provide economic support for a shift to aquaponic, hydroponic, or aeroponic farming (as much as practicable) because this uses 10% of the land and water and is more easily to be made organic, and can be located in urban areas to keep food production nearer to population areas which also reduces its carbon footprint.
- Shift to permaculture and regenerative agricultural methods to maintain healthier soils
- Protect and Support the Pollinators:
- Ban bee killing pesticides.
- Add bees to endangered species list.
- Make destruction of bee colonies a felony
- Create areas in all communities that shall cater to feeding and supporting bees. For without bees much of our ecosystem will collapse.
- Create sustainable bee flower gardens and rest areas and parks
- Research and Start Using the Most Nutrient Dense Food Sources
- Start making serious investments and research into food sources which are nutrient dense and require little resources for the amount of food and nutrition it produces such as:
- Start making serious investments and research into food sources which are nutrient dense and require little resources for the amount of food and nutrition it produces such as:
- Get rid of factory farms and only allow truly free range animals.
- For the benefit of all of Humanity we need to stop cows as food.
- Ban farming animals for food fur, skins, etc…; use stem cells or other current alternatives such as:
- Make animal cruelty a crime and register offenders
- Ban import of ivory and wild game trophies as well as fine and imprison people for big game hunting
- Create more parks to ensure unadulterated green spaces
- End zoos as we know them and shift to preserves. Animals should not be penned up in a cage which is cruel. Humans should be put into protective cages to traverse natural habitats in order to experience the natural world.
Healthy Food For All
- Organic whole foods should be cheaper than everything else.
- Taxes should be significantly increased on processed foods based on lack of nutritional density or the presence of physiologically harmful ingredients, as well as to support the increased healthcare costs incurred by the consumption of such deadly foods.
- Food should NOT be thrown away but should be either:
- given to those who are in need.
- composted and returned to the ground which results in proper carbon sequestration
Humanity’s archaic and regressive methods of dealing with the world’s many dead through the use of burial plots and cremation while our collective population is rising results in several harms:
- pollution from burning
- the use of toxic chemicals through embalming
- a significant loss in land area and green spaces
We need to consider greener alternatives such as these:
- Mushroom Burial Suit (Ted Talks) – Coeio
- Organic Burial Pods (True Activist)
- The state of Washington has legalized this already.
Large swaths of land could be reclaimed from cemeteries to forests (which can help with climate change) with each tree having been grown from an individual. Each tree could also have a plaque embedded in it or in front of it to commemorate the individual. Such a cemetarial forest or green space could be turned into vertical green spaces too, so that we are able to make more use of the same land which might be even more important as our populations continue to rise, as well as to help combat climate change. We would probably also want a memorial websites available for each individual too.
Base Economic Policies
- Basic Banking
- All banks need to be converted to publicly owned banks
- Banks need to loan money through consideration of the Economies for the Common Good (see next section).
- Post Offices should offer basic banking services in more rural areas
- Stop charging fees to those who have less than a certain amount in their accounts or due to low activity. This is penalizing people for NOT being rich or for being poverty stricken.
- Federal Reserve:
- End the Federal Reserve as a private entity. It must be returned to the people.
- The owners of the current Federal Reserve shall have their accounts frozen and all assets returned to the US (or their respective countries from which the money was absconded from) and they shall be jailed. The Rothschilds should be jailed.
- Money that is created by the Federal Reserve and made available for the banks shall NOT have interest charged and shall NOT be created through the issue of bonds or any other interest of fee bearing manner (interest free money creation). This is a pyramid scheme.
- End Fractional Reserve Lending – require 100% reserves for lending (Switzerland is trying to do it!)
- All bankers and investors who have funded and profited from war should be tried for Crimes Against Humanity.
- Privatization and austerity is NEVER the answer.
- Get rid of ALL tax loopholes and greatly simplify the tax code.
- Outlaw Right to Work Laws for they are a corporate subversion of workers rights.
- Return all money from tax havens to the US and it should be taxed and fined for back taxes. (Panama Papers anyone?)
- The US government needs to have a tax website where everyday people can file their taxes after the government has aggregated all of their basic info (W-2), etc.
- All local, state, and federal governments need to perform a spending review to ensure that money is being spent how it should be. Too many politicians waste the people’s money.
- All trade agreements have to be reevaluated period, especially for its conformance to Economies for the Common Good and Human Rights.
- Slowly stop producing coins and bills and begin the shift to an all digital economy similar what one of the Nordic states (Finland?) is trying to accomplish.
- Too big to fail is too big to exist and should be broken up.
- Any local national business which has a monopoly over an industry in over more than one state should be broken up. Any Transnational corporation which has the economic power of near the smallest nation should be broken up.
Wages and Taxation
The primary goal here is to radically and aggressively reduce income inequality and to prevent such horrors like we are seeing today from every happening again. Here is a spreadsheet on Google Sheets that puts this all together.
Increase the Minimum Wage to $20 to start; Minimum Wage should be based on a ratio of poverty level income for a given area and it should be adjusted with changes in poverty level to maintain a minimum income nowhere near poverty levels. It should put a person well beyond poverty and into true independence.
- Minimum Wage should be set to $75,000 (including
waiters, food servers, etc..) and it should be adjusted to inflation.
- Implement a Maximum Wage @ 9x the lowest wage ($75,000 x 9 = $675,000) including all forms of compensation monetary or not – including:
- stock options (?might have to relegate this to Wealth Tax?)
- use of business resources
- everything else.
- Eliminate lesser minimum wages and tips for such jobs as waiters and servers, etc. One minimum wage so all can have a living wage.
- Golden Parachutes shall be outlawed.
- Progressive Universal Basic Income of $1,000 which will be adjusted for inflation. Those at the bottom need more and those at the top need nothing.
- Progressive Taxation with a Marginal Tax Rate @ 99%
- Get rid of tax caps (make all income taxable) which will shift the burden of payment to those of higher economic tax brackets.
- All should get paid the same for their time. Eliminate gender inequality and other pay disparities
- Dynasty Prevention
- Progressive Net Wealth Tax of with a marginal tax rate of up to 5%
- Progressive Marginal Death Taxes up to 99% which should follow the standard income progressive tax rates with the inheritance itself being considered a separate entity. Effort should be made to keep businesses and organizations in tact, perhaps by turning to cooperative ownership to allow for family farms and other businesses to stay together.
- Nationally Tracked Benefits: Benefits such as vacation, sick time, wage advancement, etc… needs to be tracked and maintained nationally so that when a person moves from one job to another that they do not lose all of the benefits that they have accumulated. A person who has worked 10 years and has given 10 years to Humanity and its progress should not lose all the benefits they have worked for when they change jobs. Companies can give more above and beyond the accumulated minimum, of course, but only the national minimums and their accumulation would be maintained as the bottom floor for the vacation and sick time for a new job.
- A Federal Jobs Guarantee (FJG) will ensure there is work plenty of work for those in need and to support those projects that are useful to society from:
- environmental restoration and conservation
- building and maintaining new sustainable energy
- building and maintaining new sustainable infrastructure
- caring for people in need
- Shift to a 3-4 day work week and work hours per week need to be reduced to 21 hours per week for full time.
- Cooperative and Employee Owned Businesses:
- Concentrate on promoting employee owned and cooperative ownership of all businesses.
- Create an advertising campaign to promote Democratic Businesses with logos much like the Fair Trade with a registration and oversight organization.
- Grants and loan preferences as well as tax incentives for such businesses
- Strong support of unions and protection of worker rights and safety. All industries should be unionized globally.
- In all workplaces workers should always have a seat at the management’s table.
- Foster and promote collaborative works within entire industries to strengthen them.
- Universal free daycare
- Return the money stolen from Social Security and the Postal Service by the Republicans; expand Social Security
- Lotteries – should be utilized as a powerful extension to UBI which is aimed at catapulting a person and their family beyond comfortable and into the ability to do much, much more – invest, more education, pay off loans, buy a new car, buy some luxury items, etc…
- The basic lotteries we have (scratch-offs, Powerball, MegaMillions, etc) should be ended and melded into this one nationalized program that will be implemented individually in each state.
- Lotteries need to be broken down into winnable chunks of $250,000 instead of one ginormous sum which will allow more than one person to win money which will actually make a difference in more people’s lives, instead of giving 1 person an insane amount of money, then blowing it all, and then destroying their lives in the process. With more people having access to more money this will lessen inequality and give more people the ability to progress. As an example, a million dollar prize is broken up into four $250,000 lotteries. If there is one winner drawn then 3 more (randomly selected from purchased tickets or auto-entered entries) must be selected to give out the full $1 million.
- This income shall be immediately taxed at the individual’s base marginal progressive tax rate which will give those who have less the ability to keep all of the winnings, and those who have more take home less.
- Those who have too much (perhaps income > 250k a year cannot win) as well as those with a substantial net wealth >350k.
- Each household can only win once a year and no more than twice in 3 years.
- This will first be powered by taxation with individual entries proportional to their amount of need. Those with less will have more entries (most likely based on submitted taxes or other social analysis perhaps as entered through other governmental institution) and those who have more will have fewer or NO entries.
Tech and Infrastructure
- Fund massive infrastructure work:
- repair the bridges and bypasses
- look at more sustainable road and sidewalk options like solar roadways (there are a few countries and projects that are working on or are using this idea: Solar Roadways)
- general building, upgrade, and repairs such as Flint and Puerto Rico (completely rebuild and replace the cities en toto – see Comprehensive City Planning above)
- shift to sustainable energy, methods, and city designs
- create green/wild crossings
- start compensating for flooding due to climate change like the Nordic states are by creating flood ways where excess water can go
- sustainable mass transportation
- Digital Government Infrastructure: Completely redesign, integrate, and digitalize the national infrastructure similar to Estonia and Switzerland so we can join the modern era, which will increase efficiency and and increase public access to services.
- has completely digitized their government
- is issuing E-Residency to people world wide
- is establishing a cryptocurrency (estcoin) which will work with their e-Residency program as well as utilizing blockchain technology with their national infrastructure.
- Switzerland is also using blockchain
- Some Technical Steps Towards Implementing a Global Resource Based Economy
- Research and Development:
- NASA: Funding for NASA needs to at least increase from half a penny per tax dollar to 3 full pennies per tax dollar which will greatly drive the economy and innovation, as well as STEM in schools, as well as provide subtle positive shifts in our culture:
- Greatly increase the funding for other governmental scientific research also.
- IP Laws: need to be radically changed and radically reduced for the good of the public. They are currently very broken.
- Open and Free Research: All governmentally funded research such as from various government agencies and all educational institutions should be public domain and available to all.
- Open Source: We should promote and concentrate on using open source when at all possible.
- Public Good Patents Buyout: We should have a government or public buyout of life saving or civilization changing patents such as medicines or fusion which could have a 5 year patent granted with a buyout plan after that so that things such as insulin and fusion could be freely and cheaply available which would benefit all of Humanity. The insulin situation is a prime example.
- Distributed Computing: All computers should have a distributed computing client on it such as World Community Grid so that national or global research can utilize the combined processing power of all idling computers. The client can be different from vendor to vendor and could be uninstalled if desired. Each person should be able to decide where their spare computing power is used – democratization of research and computing power.
Health Care is a Human Right.
- Health insurance companies shall be ended.
- We need to reinstate that law that states healthcare companies cannot be for-profit institutions for there is no profit to be made by keeping people truly healthy.
- The CDC and the FDA need to be returned to the people and out from the ownership of the pharmaceutical and agricorp industries, so that they work to help protect the people and the environment, and NOT the corporations.
- We shall bargain for reasonable drug prices including importing drugs from those countries or those whose drugs meet our quality and testing standards in an effort to lower drug costs.
- Pharmaceutical companies cannot advertise. The use or non-use is up to medical institutions, doctors, and prevailing research.
- Pharmaceutical companies should be non-profit.
- Aggressively attack anticompetitive practices
- We need to end the vaccine court
- Vaccine makers need to be liable
- Vaccines need to be appropriately tested and approved. Their approval through the FDA should not just bought and paid for by corporate lobbyist and dark money.
Health Care Industry
- All hospitals should utilize organic food for their meals and not the horrible processed stuff. Food is medicine so feeding patients processed stuff will be exacerbating whatever problem the patient is having. It would be even better if they had their own organic hydro/aqua/aeroponic farm on site. Perhaps, their menus should start with the Autoimmune Protocol (AIP) diet to help ensure that the food they serve does not exacerbate a patient’s medical issue.
- Those who work in healthcare should also be the healthiest people around otherwise those institutions and their policies are failures.
- Some of the first questions healthcare people should ask about should be: diet, exercise, and home life (food, housing, clothing, abuse, etc…), for these factors are some of the most powerful that may determine mental and physical health – biopsychosocial factors.
Universal Health Care
- Universal and free access to healthcare including:
- mental health
- vision, dental
- chiropractic, physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture
- physical trainers, gym memberships, nutritionists, dietitians
- yoga, meditation, Tai-chi, martial arts, etc
- full pharmaceutical coverage
- long-term care
- funeral and burial services
- Universal access to sick time (minimum of 2 weeks).
- Food is Medicine: Organic and healthy food as well as exercise should be able to be paid for or expanded with doctor’s prescription.
- We need to reformulate food nutrition labels so that they are much more truthful and informative, such as using color coding and other methods which can help people make better choices when shopping.
- Flexible time for exercise should be made available even during the work day.
- Plentiful access to vacation (minimum of 2 months), parental childbirth leave (1 year each), bereavement leave
Families and Family Planning
Family Planning is a Human Right.
- Family planning and the various birth control options are a human right and are fundamental to personal freedom and choice.
- Abortion is not something to be legislated. It is between the woman, her partner(s), and her doctor.
- Family planning and parental classes should be freely available and there should be paid time off of work in order to be able to attend such classes and counseling.
- There should be national database and website of parenting classes and research to educate our parents as well as give them access to quality research and parental models and techniques.
- Paid time off should be available for family planning.
Education is a Human Right because it forms the bedrock for equality, creativity, innovation, progress, peace, and the ability to pursue a fulfilling life.
- Universal and free access education (all levels) including other technical training such as massage therapist and apprenticeships. Perhaps even pay people to go to school. Some of the Nordic countries do pay a stipend when people go to school.
- All student loans need to be terminated.
- Minimum teacher’s pay of $75,000 (which should be the minimum wage).
- Funding for schools should be aggregated state-wide and then redistributed equally or proportionally to the various schools to keep rich communities from having everything and poorer communities from having nothing.
- At least triple the funding for all schools. Schools and teachers should never be wanting of funds.
- No more private schools which gives advantage to the rich and affluent which further allows the harms of income inequality and class differences.
- No more charter schools or voucher programs which are a fraud.
- Only the best should qualify to be teacher; required to have at least a masters degree to teach and be near the top of their class
- Continuing education is required
- If a teacher is not doing well then they need to go away or need to learn to be better, perhaps a mentorship program could help
- There should also be a distinct separation between academics hired for research and those that are there to teach. They cannot do both. Teachers need to teach and researchers need to research.
- Teachers Assistants (TA’s) cannot teach a class for a teacher and get paid crap or nothing at all and no benefits for it while doing someone else’s job.
- Common Core needs to die. It is a corporate fraud.
- Shift to the interdisciplinary education model of the Nordic countries which have the best education systems in the world.
- Education should be individual, non-comparative, and focused so as to maximize an individual’s potential, gifts, and fulfillment whatever those may be.
- Schools should start later – near 10:30am.
- Classes and schools need to be made available remotely so as to widen the availability of education especially for more rural areas. We need to embrace digital technology for the advancement of education.
- Elementary schools need much more recess.
- Breakfast and lunch should be served and it should be free for all. The food should be local, organic, and concentrate on meal planning such as the AIP (Autoimmune Protocol) so that school food will not potentially create or exacerbate existing health problems. Excess food could be given away to student’s in need or to a local food pantry.
- Classes should emphasize cooperation instead of competition. Competition is part of Humanity’s Terminal Disease – The Disease of Separation.
- We should make apparent our interconnectedness and interdependence not only with each other globally, but also with the natural world.
- Emphasize global history and achievements. We also need to ensure that “minorities” and indigenous populations are specifically included here which have been attacked all throughout history .
- Schools should include the following subjects:
- comprehensive sexuality and sex positive education including consent, sex for pleasure, gender expression, variety of family models, and LGBT issues (Nordic model)
- mindfulness and meditation, empathy, philosophy, critical thinking, ethics, rhetoric, comparative religion, comparative anthropology, non-violent communication, conflict resolution
- music class (choir, band, orchestra, music theory, etc..) of sorts should be required
- arts or least one other creative area (painting, writing, poetry, etc) shall be required too
- civics, social studies, 7 Philosophical Pillars for Peace within Humanity, Declaration of the Universal Rights of Humanity, Universal Declaration of the Rights of Mother Earth.
- Foreign Languages
- as a precursor to foreign language courses in middle school and high school an intro to linguistics class should be taught which includes the use of Esperanto as a teaching tool
- at least 4 additional languages (see below) should be taught all throughout schooling from daycare all the way through college and beyond
- Esperanto as a second choice and a powerful linguistic educational tool
- local Indigenous languages should be taught as a 3rd choice
- American Sign Language should be a 4th choice
- Spanish (or other locally present language) should be a 5th choice
- others 6th+ choices
- The interdependence of all things
- If there are indigenous populations local then indigenous topics such as history, culture, language, etc should be taught to all students, which should also including the horrors that white man has inflicted upon them.
- a critical analysis the many failures of economic systems including systemic structural violence such as poverty, racism, income inequality, war, billionaires, slavery, genocide, imperialism and colonialism, etc
- a critical analysis the many failures and your nation of origin, why they were failures (war, genocide, internment camps, poverty), why they happened, and what should have been the ethical response and why, and why they chose the wrong answer so that our children do not repeat them. If we do not learn from history then our children shall make the same mistakes as we have already made. Take a look at Howard Zinn’s works such as The People’s History of the United States.
- Organic permaculture and hydroponic/aquaponic/aeroponic farms onsite and for the children to work with so the children will learn about food, ecologies, interdependence, nature, and the health of our food.
- Evolution and Climate Change
- Programming logic, basic programming skills, internet and technology skills
- Online Safety – my workplace has an amazing program by KnowB4
- Role Playing Games (RPGs) are also great interdisciplinary method of teaching and using their imagination (logic, rules interactions, math, cooperation, mythology, sociology, history, and so much more).
- Games and exercises which promote and deepen human connections.
- There should be plenty of after school activities to keep kids entertained, growing, and to keep kids off the street. This also effective vs alcohol, drugs, and gangs.
- athletics, yoga, tai chi, martial arts, dance, gymnastics, rock climbing, etc
- liberal arts, reading groups, band, plays
- board games, computer games, and other hobby groups
- other activities such as programming, electronics, writing
- even volunteering at places where they have an interest in learning more about
- Use Restorative Justice programs
- The religion of high school and university athletics competitions need to end. Sure some small scale competitions are OK, but in the scheme of things, sports are not a way for a person to realize more about the world, to understand their place in it, nor to change the world or to make a difference. Our children should be looking up to people such as: Galileo, Copernicus, Neil deGrasse Tyson, Stephen Hawking, Marie Curie, etc rather than to whoever can devastate someone else. Cooperative problems and projects should be emphasized instead of competition.
- Stop all beauty contests of all sorts and of all ages, especially kids. We need to celebrate intelligence, ingenuity, creativity, kindness, leadership, fairness, cooperation, and compassion. Let us celebrate things that really matter and that really make a person and the whole world beautiful.
Public Education Programs
Social Media Education
Many new series of educational programs and articles need to be created such as Cosmos that covers the various scientific disciplines (geology, anthropology, programming logic, scientific method, astronomy, etc) and would be played in all forms of social information dissemination such as:
- TV (during prime time too)
- Newspaper columns
- Social Media
… to increase people’s knowledge and understanding of the world, and to pique their curiosity. These programs should be created and targeted for different age groups from educational cartoons and edutainment to intense documentary programs.
Open Public Education Programs
There also needs to be publically available FREE education programs such as a the various participatory Massive Open Online Class (MOOC) platforms such as Udacity or more passive methods such as The Great Courses so people can freely learn and grow.
See the above section titled Philosophical Foundations for Change.
- All laws requiring or enforcing patriotism or nationalism need to be ended for this divides us from each other and the rest of the world.
- End the recital of the Pledge of Allegiance which was created and modified out of fear of the Red Scare.
- End Department of Homeland Security
Immigrants and Refugees
- No people are illegal.
- End ICE
- Radical change to our immigration laws including an immediate path to citizenship for all immigrants within our borders.
- If we do not want to take in refugees then we need to stop creating them around the world not only through our actions that are tantamount to social, political, and economic warfare, but also through exacerbating climate change and not aggressively fighting against it, as well as promoting and not speaking out against white nationalism, racism, and other bigotries.
- If we have meddled with a country in one form or another then we should automatically accept immigrants from that country, since we created the problem or have contributed to it.
- It takes more money to attempt to keep immigrants and refugees out then it does to process and accept them. Once they are here legally then they start paying taxes and become productive and free members of society. By not allowing them a viable path towards legal standing we are missing out on their productivity and taxes, as well as their education, skills, and innovation. How many of the US’s Nobel Prize winners and Fortune 500 companies are due to immigrants?
- We should set up a rather large immigration center on the US and Mexico border which should include free daily English/ESL classes.
- ESL classes need to be free for all who want them. Paid Time Off should be given off from work in order to attend these classes which could also be taught on work site too.
- The separation of immigrant children from their parents and imprisoned shall be ended and they ALL shall be returned to their parents, compensated for the extreme violation of their rights, and given an immediate path to citizenship. Any politicians and companies that supported this horrific travesty shall be tried and jailed for Crimes Against Humanity.
- All drugs must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated.
- Addiction and abuse must be treated as a social health issue.
- Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released and have records expunged.
- Those who have been imprisoned for drugs should benefit first from drug and hemp legalization.
- Free counseling, education, and job retraining programs should be made immediately available to them to help acclimate them to their new found freedom.
- We should look heavily into the powerful medical uses of THC and LSD.
- Sex Work:
- Sex work must be decriminalized, legalized, and regulated.
- Those convicted of non-violent offenses should be immediately released and records expunged.
- Retraining should be made available.
- my article on sex work
- Assisted suicide
- needs to be legalized nationwide.
Homelessness and Poverty
- Food and water are Human Rights
- Excess food should be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted, especially since the Us throws out 40% of its foods supply each year.
- An organizations should be created to facilitate this process. Tax incentives should also be apart of this solution.
- Housing is a Human Right.
- Excess housing should be used to house the homeless
- It is 3 times cheaper to house the homeless than to not do so.
- Taxes increased on any rental property if there is any level of homelessness in the area.
- If needed, use eminent domain to claim housing to house the homeless.
- Housing prices need to be regulated to fall between being affordable between the minimum wage (or below) and the maximum wage.
- Clothing is a Human Right.
- Excess clothing should likewise be sent to shelters and food pantries instead of wasted.
- Internet access is a Human Right.
- Shift to the Metric System
- Shift to the 24 hour clock
- End Daylight Saving which kills people. [ Time Daylight Saving Time (Last Week Tonight) ]
- Adopt a secondary timekeeping global method – metric time
- Reformed International Fixed Calendar (IFC)
- Energy: All energy production should be classified as a public utility and made public and non-profit
- Internet: The Internet should be classified as a public utility and nationalized or municipally owned.
Colonialism and Indigenous Genocide
- Columbus Day needs to be switched to Indigenous People’s Day.
- Thanksgiving should be switched to Colonialism Awareness and Reparations Day.
- Indigenous languages, history, and medicine should be recorded and codified so we do not lose them and so they can be taught. They are an integral and important part of human history
- Apologize and attempt to make reparations for colonialism and genocide of Africans, Native Americans, and other indigenous peoples.
- Ban Gay Conversion therapy.
- Ban on Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) and Circumcision for anyone under 26 years of age.
- Blue Laws need to be terminated.
- Blasphemy laws need to be ended.
- All laws that require religious tests to hold office must be terminated. They are already unconstitutional.
- Remove religious iconography, phrases, etc from government sponsored things or things on government grounds unless you are willing to allow Satanist, Muslim, Zoroastrian, Wiccan, Pagan, etc… to do the same otherwise it violates the first amendment. As well:
- remove “In God We Trust” from everything (money, etc).
- remove “under God” from the Pledge of Allegiance (Which itself should be ended).
- remove 10 Commandments statues, etc
- and no selling that public ground to a private organization to get around this for this is a violation of the spirit of the law and the social contract
- Any religious organization that does not report rape, violence or any other form of abuse must be held accountable and jailed if necessary. They cannot have their own court systems which end up subverting laws and killing innocent people.
- Religiously based organizations such as child care centers must NOT have exemptions to health and safety laws. Children are being traumatized and are dying because of this ridiculousness.
- Safe zones around family planning, Planned Parenthood, and other organizations targeted by right-wing organizations.
Law Enforcement and Guns
- Complete demilitarization of the police not only in equipment, but also in training.
- Ending the training that results in the dehumanizing of the people that they are here to protect and serve
- Crisis Intervention Training (CIT) for all officers
- Mindfulness training
- be educated in the interdependent factors in social and criminal issues along with methods of solving and preventing the problems (biopsychosocial factors)
- have training in nonviolent conflict resolution
- Martial training to be able to disable attackers with as little harm as possible, including group attack/defense training – joint locks, take downs, use of shields, belts, etc…
- Get rid if IQ limit for law enforcement
- Minority officers should be over represented in law enforcement because they are a minority.
- Mandatory body cams. It shall be a felony to turn off the camera.
- You cannot be an officer if you have a history of abuse, violence, or hard drug use, or racism or white nationalism. Such persons such be immediately fired and result in a national blacklisting for all jobs that require a person to care for, monitor, or protect others such as schools, security, nursing homes, etc…
- They must be tested for psychological stability and have required empathy levels. continued therapy will be required.
- White Nationalism needs be declared as a form of terrorism and needs to be prosecuted and pursued as such.
- End prison privatization. All current private prisons should be taken over by the government.
- End the school-to-prison pipeline. Anyone who has participated shall be tried for Crimes Against Humanity.
- End prison slave labor.
- Lawyers should all be public servants so that the rich cannot bury a citizen under a lawsuit that they have no hope of combating because they cannot afford a multi-million dollar legal team, which is a favorite tactic for corporations. The field needs to be leveled and the people need a place at the table. Without equal access to quality representation there will be no justice.
- Fines all throughout the government should be proportional to income that way the rich and corporations will not be effectively immune to punishment while the poor are not imprisoned as a debtors prison. (Finland does this; Municipal Violations (John Oliver)
- Civil Forfeiture needs to be ended or greatly reformed for it violates the principle of innocent until proven guilty. People have their property taken from them for a very long time even when they have done nothing wrong and they have no recourse. Some department even take the things they stole from innocent people for themselves or to fund or equip their department. (Washington Post 2015, Last Week Tonight 2014)
- The Criminal Justice system needs to focus on solving the problems that created the crime as well as remediation, rehabilitation, and counseling (treated as biospychosocial issues), and not punishment for punishment’s sake. Punishment for punishment’s sake does not solve the problem.
- Prisoners still need to be treated like human beings and not caged animals (ie the Nordic prison model). If you treat them like caged animals then that is what you shall end up with.
- Allow prisoners access to many education and training paths to increase their potential once leaving which should also reduce recidivism rates.
- Reduce sentences based on how many books they read, how much education they achieve, or how much yoga they do. (India and a few other countries are doing this)
- Have exercises and games which strengthen their connections to Humanity and the natural world.
- End the death sentence
- Human trafficking (slavery and sex trafficking) is a major problem to attack world wide must be considered a Crime Against Humanity.
- Major intergovernmental task forces world-wide need to attack this issue globally.
- This is one of the only crimes I would consider for the Death Penalty.
- End embargo on CDC gun violence research.
- End the NRA which is powerful lobbying group for the military industrial complex and has nothing to do with the right of the people.
- Close gun show and personal sales loophole nationwide.
- Mandatory nationwide registry for all guns, gun parts and ammo (public and private).
- Mandatory nationwide universal background checks for ALL sales.
- Mandatory psychological background checks for ALL sales.
- Minimum 1 month waiting period – can go longer – takes as long as it takes for background checks, safety first.
- Require owners to have:
- gun registration
- gun safes
- yearly inventory and inspections of guns, ammo, and gun safes
- continuous yearly training
- Check out the Japanese model (World Economic Forum)
Purchase of Ammo or Gun Parts
- Must follow all laws as above just like purchasing a full gun
- registration of ammunition purchases
3D Printing of Guns
3D printing of guns should be outlawed or greatly regulated and tracked:
- owners/creators must follow normal gun regulations as above
- registration of schematics in a national database
- traceable ID numbers per part and per gun
- watermarks on gun part so it can be know what design it was printed from to make it more traceable
- allowed only for those with specific licenses
- Assault rifle ban
- Gun ban for:
- domestic abusers, addicts, those with violent records, and those with mental illness.
- I should not have to say this, but also for those who are blind or with significant visual impairment.
- Conceal carry permits only for those:
- with combat experience or continuous advanced tactical training
- who can prove a need, but will require continuous training to improve and increase skills which will be paid by the government due it being a safety issue for the permit holder and the public; they will also be given paid for time off to do so.
- who want a conceal carry but do not have a clear and present need, then they will need to go through a lot of military like training drills so that they will not be a danger to the public – months and months of continuous combat training like a soldier would in order to prepare them for small arms combat in an urban situation and then they can be licensed, but will still required continuing training to maintain license.
How a Bill Becomes a Law
- Each bill should only cover one issue and should not have entries that are not directly related. If you want pork barrel spending, then you can create a bill just for that. You will NOT add a controversial line just to tank a bill or to slide something in just to make sure it gets in there because you know you cannot pass it on its own.
- We should shift to a more open and citizen focused bill passing process – one that is not ‘a corporation hands us the bill‘. I outlined a basic process which tries to integrate consensus based democratic principles here:
<insert post to read here: Legislative Process For A Consensus Based Digital Democracy>
The Wall of Separation Between Church and State needs to remain inviolable. Science and ethics are what should guide us into the future.
- Politicians should NOT be able to vote on their own pay or benefits. That should be left to the people.
- Politician’s pay should be tied to the health and well being of their constituency. All politicians, no matter their position, should start with base wage of the $75,000 for and then adjust it up or down (within the limits of the maximum wage) based on poverty, pollution, unemployment, violence rates, school quality rates, general happiness and well being, etc… The better their constituency is doing, then the better they can do too. (see the section on Economies for the Common Good)
- Politicians should NOT have their own healthcare, retirement, nor
should they keep getting paid after they leave office – not even the president. They should be subjected to the same laws, benefits, and worries that the people are. Politics is about public service and not a get rich or retirement scheme.
- They should not be insulated from the laws they impose on the rest of us.
- We need to end the politician to lobbyist revolving door.
- Government needs external and independent ethics review organizations.
- Rights for all Whistleblowers should be honored and protected completely. A free press is necessary to keep government and corporations held accountable.
- Complete pardons for Julian Assange, Edward Snowden, and Chelsea Manning. They should be awarded medals of honor.
War and Peace
Say No to Police Actions
All military actions outside of the US should require congressional approval. There should be nothing classified as a ‘police action.’ which is used as method to bypass constitutional requirements for congressional approval. All Military action outside the US needs to go through congress otherwise the president can send the military wherever they want just by changing the label, which is what has been happening.
Peace Easier Than War
- Going to war or any “police action” should require 2/3 vote.
- Going to peace should require only 1/2 vote.
It should be more difficult to go to war and easier to go peace. Currently, it is the opposite. =( Changing this will require constitutional amendments, I believe.
External and Independent Ethical Oversight
A governmental agency should not be in charge of its own ethical (and other) oversight. There should be an independent external agency(s) that watch over and ensure the ethical actions of governmental agencies. Currently, Congress is gutting if not outright ending their Ethics Oversight Committee.
III – Evolving Beyond War, Poverty, and Suffering
Essentials for Understanding Humanity’s Structural Root Causes
Note: I will fill this out more later, but this is enough to get you started.
If you have NOT taken the time to read the books I recommend from above:
- The Spirit Level
- The Inner Level
- The New Human Rights Movement
- The Best Future Money Can’t Buy
… then please take the time to do that, because I can only give you a hint of the revelations that they contain. You will not be disappointed. I will wait here while you read them.
If you have read those books, then the rest of this section will already make an incredible amount of sense to you. I will try to connect some dots here so you can see how these amazing books will make sense. Here is the short break down of how those books connect some very important dots for you:
- The Universal Harms of Income Inequality – The Spirit Level and The Inner Level explain how income inequality causes many of society’s problems: teenage pregnancy, maternal death, rates of incarceration, literacy, rates of crime, life expectancy and so much more. These problems affect ALL of us including the rich and the poor too. Everyone is affected by the harms of inequality.
- Monetary Systems Cause Income Inequality – Obviously, we cannot have income inequality without the presence of income, which requires monetary systems to even be a thing, so monetary systems by their very existence create income inequality and a host of other related problems. Both The New Human Rights Movement and the Best Future that Money Can’t Buy tackle the issues with monetary systems and how they create our many, many problems.
- The New Human Rights Movement tackles explaining it from a powerful and studied academic standpoint and it is a amazing read.
- The Best Future Money Can’t Buy tackles this with logic and an amazing understanding of human nature.
- A Radically Equal and Free Society that is Intelligently Managed While Taking Advantage of Technological Advancements is the Answer – Both The New Human Rights Movement and The Best Future that Money Can’t Buy also show us how to solve the income inequality and monetary system problem by recommending a powerful socioeconomic answer – a Resource Based Economy.
- The New Human Rights Movement tackles explaining it from a powerful and studied academic standpoint and it is a amazing read.
- The Best Future Money Can’t Buy tackles this with logic, but more importantly it tackles it by presenting a Resource Based Economy with vision and beautiful visuals so you can see what it may look like and how it may manifest.
My post The Cancer of Capitalism and Its Antidote, which was written 2 years ago, crudely covers this issue (prior to knowing about the income inequality part) and directs you to both of the last two books which talk about why monetary systems cause our many issues and and why it is imperative that Humanity evolve beyond monetary systems and into a Resource Based Economy.
<insert post to read here: The Cancer of Capitalism and Its Antidote>
My post explains many things, however, more importantly, at the end of that post I also provide passive (videos) and active (reading) learning paths for your to pursue. There are quite a few videos there for your to watch so you can immerse yourself into this amazing topic.
Here is one video which gives a quick overview of a Resource Based Economy:
I really need write a massive update to that post which integrates the revelations from The Spirit Level and The Inner Level. Hopefully, someday I will have the time. Perhaps, this may happen when I spin this policy page off into its own website. Hmmm…
At the end of the day, continuing to operate our civilization through the use of monetary systems will only end up with a dystopian future like we are starting to see emerge now with our collective ecocide through Climate Change with much of the world, especially the United States, doing nothing about it. Such continued idiocy will only end up with Earth ending up first like the deserted wasteland of the violent and desperate wasteland of Mad Max, and then eventually like the deserted hellscape of the planet Venus.
I am pretty sure that is not what we want – Earth to become a hellscape like Venus, right?
We have the ability to stop all of those horrors from happening (Mad Max, Venus) by working towards stopping pollution, cleaning up and remediating natural spaces, and working together as a Humanity united in forging our collective salvation and progress. Once we have saved ourselves from a Venusian annihilation then, together we can work together to make our existence and world great for all of us.
We have the knowledge. We have the technology. We have the resources. We just have to find the will do make it so.
Learn More About Resource Based Economies
My Other RBE Posts
My Cancer of Capitalism post has links to these posts too, but I will post my other RBE posts here too:
- Productivity and Motivation?
- How will a Resource Based Economy work? What will it look like?
- Human Nature, Competition, Employment, and Housing within a Resource Based Economy Benefits of a Resource Based Economy for Industries and Businesses
- Some Technical Steps Towards Implementing a Global Resource Based Economy
RBE Political Party – The Money Free Party
If you really, want to get down with the sickness, then you may want to look at the Resource Based Economy based party called the Money Free Party. I know, it really sounds strange. Just take a look at what Steve Saylor has to say – he has nine videos for you, but here is the first to get you started:
Here are the rest of the videos if you would like to learn more: Money Free Party Campaign Videos with Steve Saylor.
- Money Free Party USA
- Money Free Party USA (Facebook)
- Money Free Party (Twitter)
- Money Free Party (Wikipedia)
Other Related Posts
- Uniting Humanity
- Global Citizenship
- Universal Declarations
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights (This the closest thing I have to a religious document)
- Universal Declaration of Linguistic Rights
- Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights
- Universal Declaration on Bioethics and Human Rights