Introduction This post is a response to a tweet by Caitlin Johnstone whom I follow on Twitter (and Facebook) because she has some amazing leftist political takes. I would have posted this all to Twitter, but it was not allowing me to post a threaded response (and this was already getting long enough). I am […]Continue Reading
I am writing this post to help people understand:
* why there is so much confusion and such a strong aversion to the word Socialism today
* why it is very, very misplaced
* how we need to reframe the socialism conversation.
Part of these problems are due to:
* our massively broken education system
* over a hundred years of governmental propaganda and continuously stoked fears
There are technical definitions and then there is the more colloquial usage. I will cover both in this article just for completeness and to help relieve some of the confusion.Continue Reading
This post will discuss my set of Continuum of Capitalism infographics which were added to my post: The Cancer of Capitalism and Its Antidote. I want to explain this idea more because, in that post, I just post these two graphics and do not explain it or do I explain my ideas on economic systems at all. Keep in mind, that this post is speaking in very simplified and very broad and sweeping terms.
If you have NOT read my Cancer of Capitalism post from above, then please go read it NOW!!Continue Reading