Here is a summary of the things I haveÂ done to try to help us all through Bernie Sanders and the movement he has inspired and awoken:
First, This I am not sure about. I do not think I have officially registered for the Democratic Party, although I may be on their roles. I have just contacted my local party leader to be sure, although I have been a member of the Green Party for a few years now.
Second, First, I have written quite a few blog posts throughout this electoral cycle:
- How to Help Bernie Now?
- My Letter to the SuperdelegatesÂ of the Democratic Party
- Bernie’s Endorsement Hillary Clinton and the Real Beginning of the Revolution
- Open LetterÂ BernieÂ Sanders
- Open Letter Elizabeth Warren
- Why I am NOT VotingÂ Hillary Clinton 2016
Contact the Democratic Party
Third, I have contacted theÂ Democratic Party through their contact formÂ and have sent them the text of my Letter to the Superdelegates and the text of my Why I will NOT vote for Hillary Clinton 2016 post.
Unsubscribe from the Democratic Party
Fourth, I have also, with the publish of my Open Letter to Elizabeth Warren, unsubscribed from any Democratic newsletters and politicians. IÂ did not have any donations going there, but I made sure that I did not.
Contacting our Super Delegates
Fifth, I have used the Lobby Delegates’ Engage Delegates pageÂ and sent a link to my Letter to the Superdelegates of the Democratic Party to all of the superdelegates.
Sixth, I have downloaded the spreadsheet from Lobby SuperdelegatesÂ which has much of their contact information and then I:
- sent a mass email (~400) to all who had email addresses listed. The text of theÂ letter was my Superdelegate Letter. About 100 bounced in one form or another. I have even engaged in some back-and-forth with one Clinton superdelegate.
- tweeted a link of my Letter to the Superdelegate to each person that had a twitter account listed, which is a lot of tweets
- started to post to each Facebook account that allowed me to until I was blocked (~14)
In all of this, I am hoping to get at least two solid points of contact with as many superdelegates as I can. I will continue with this trying to get as many as I can.
Preparing to Attend the Protests for the Democratic National Convention
Seventh, I got the OK from the wife to attend the protests at the convention, so I am working making those arrangements. Babysitting first, then everything else…
Well, I found out that tickets from Madison to Philly are about $800-$900 which is too much. I was expecting them to be about half as much. I would have spent almost my entire budget on just the plane tickets and nothing left for hotel or food, etc. Me sad panda. I was really excited about being able to be there and to be able to tell my daughterÂ when she gets older that I was there, that I was a part of history.
What Have You Done?
I have done all of this for Bernie and for us.
What have you done?